No network access

By kvenkataue
Oct 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    I have wireless connection in my room and its working good.but I tried to connect through wire but am unable to do.when I connect lan cable to my lap from D-Link router it shows "UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK - NO NETWORK ACCESS"....Any one can help me to solve this issue
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,683   +152

Turn your wireless adapter off on the laptop. Try rebooting the modem and router.
  3. kvenkataue

kvenkataue Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I tried it but still no progress...

Can u please help me how to provide ip ,dns address and all related to that
  4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,683   +152

Your laptop should have pick this up on reboot of it. If you have your router connect to the cable or dls modem. Your router should have given your laptop a IP address and so forth. Have you tried hooking the laptop straight threw the modem and rebooting the laptop to see if it will pick up a IP? That's about as much as I know So hopefully someone else will give you a few suggestion.
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,275   +280

Check the led lights on the router and on the NIC slot on the system. A good wire and active hardware should show
    a solid lite when there's a connection end-to-end and they will flash when data is being read/written.

Check the system Device Manager->[+] network adapters and make sure there are no red/yellow flags.
    The ethernet adapter should be enabled.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.