TechSpot

No network/cannot renew IP address

By Lephelps78
Jan 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone. This is my first post here! Looked like a grreat site with smart people! ;)

Ok so, for the first time in my life i purchased a decent computer (compared to what i have always had) and to try and make this a long story short the computer was running fine! Got home from work yesterday and when i went to log on it crashed and a window popped uo say windows has recovered from a serious issue or something close to that...? Then i restarted the PC and it wouldn't find an ip address. So i reformatted C: and re installed windows (xp) and still same result. The same error msg pops up. I have a picture of the error msg with all of the codes but. Ot sure how to post it as i am thping this from my iphone. So i am at a loss here! And any help would be much appreciated! I will list what i do know about the computer..

Windows xp pro
    Intel dual core 2.0 ghz?
    2gb ram
    125gb HDD
    Geforce 8500
    It is sata? Cables
    Sorry i dont know much about computers but that is what i remember him telling me was in it. Thanks again!

P.s i did try the run CMD ipconfig and the window just flashes wont stay open. I also tried the netsh ip reset with no luck.

Error signature
    BCode 10000050
    BCP1 D4073849
    BCP2 00000000
    BCP3 80560950
    BCP4 00000000
    OSver 5_1 2600
    SP 3_0
    Product 256_1

2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 467

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

Look for the OEM Recovery CD or a partition - - use it to recover instead of wipe and reinstall.
    The latter approach lost the OEM drivers and causes the symptom you see.

WIPE & Reinstall should be the last desparate act with fixing a computer, especially for just a netowrking issue.

4. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help guys! I ran the Winsock xp fix and that got things back to normal for me!

Thanks again.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.