No option for headphones in sound settings in my new laptop :(

Hi Guys,

I just bought an Acer Aspire 5733z-4406 laptop. It has windows 7 and a realtek sound card. The problem is that I am not getting a good sound from my headphones when I connect them to the laptop. I have tried 3 pairs and I face the same issue. I tried changing the settings from realtek control panel but there is no specific option for headphones there. Also in control panel>sound>manage audio devices, there is no option for headphones. I have selected both "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" and still i cannot see any option for headphones. I sent out a mail to acer tech support and they said that I have to control my headphones using the "speakers option" that I see under control panel>sound>manage audio devices. Can it be like that? I thought I should be seeing all the options since it is a windows feature. I have updated all the drivers and all but nothing seems to be working. Please help me out over here!!

Thanks in advance!
Lovish

Yes, in the Windows 7 Control Panel you will see a "Sound Option". Select headphones and select configure...

Back