TechSpot

No option for headphones in sound settings in my new laptop :(

By Lovish
Jan 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi Guys,

I just bought an Acer Aspire 5733z-4406 laptop. It has windows 7 and a realtek sound card. The problem is that I am not getting a good sound from my headphones when I connect them to the laptop. I have tried 3 pairs and I face the same issue. I tried changing the settings from realtek control panel but there is no specific option for headphones there. Also in control panel>sound>manage audio devices, there is no option for headphones. I have selected both "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" and still i cannot see any option for headphones. I sent out a mail to acer tech support and they said that I have to control my headphones using the "speakers option" that I see under control panel>sound>manage audio devices. Can it be like that? I thought I should be seeing all the options since it is a windows feature. I have updated all the drivers and all but nothing seems to be working. Please help me out over here!!

Thanks in advance!
    Lovish

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,065   +169

Yes, in the Windows 7 Control Panel you will see a "Sound Option". Select headphones and select configure...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.