TechSpot

No power to mouse, keyboard, or monitor

By DreamState
Nov 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. hallo' everybody

a few days ago my mouse , keyboard , an monitor wasn't getting any power from my tower . at first i thought it was my power supply an i replace it but nothing happen.. so it wasn't that and i returned it . tha cpu an my other fan was spinning as usually . i can hear tha hard drive working , my cd / dvd drive open an close .

my keyboard an mouse lite up as usual when i first turn the computer on an nothing else and my monitor it just goes to power saving mode . weird things is that my mouse would work when the keyboard isn't plug in , but not tha opposite way around .

i some how got my monitor to work but not the mouse or keyboard , but it would just freeze on the " hp invent screen " . on the screen it show the push " esc" to reboot , F1- (i forgot sorry T.T) F10 to system . i have a few more day of school left before i can go check on it at my parent's house.. so i can't really do anything till i go down on saturday .

my system specs is -

HP Pavilion a450n
    Pentium 4 / 3.0 GHz:
    HyperThreading Technology
    800 MHz front side bus
    mPGA478

Chipset
    848P
    1Gig of ram
    160 GB Ultra DMA 7200 rpm Hard Drive
    GeForceFX 5200 AGP2 8X card: graphic card
    ASUS P4SD-LA PES revision 0.01 - motherboard

thank you for taking your time to look at this

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.