No power to PC but I get a green light on motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi people this my fist time on here so i hope some 1 can help .....i got a emachines 3210 pc and it was working fine .went to turn it on yesterday and got no power but i got a green light on motherboard i really need to get this sorted as i borrowed the pc off a m8 and i dont really want to folk out for new bits . it would be great if some 1 has anyidea wat it could be.other wise its off to bank get some money and get a new motherboard lol.... oh i got a 2.70ghz celeron processor if that helps in any way cheers

The eMachines power supply (and possibly the motherboard) is bad. Just because you have a green light, doesn't mean that the power supply or motherboard is good. It takes many separate voltages to operate a computer. The geen LED means only that you have +5volts to the motherboard

I recently went to put new RAM in a friends emachines PC, which resluted in everything whizzing but no signal to the monitor, whether its a RAM thing or the graphics integrated connection I don't know but I do know I wouldn't buy or tinker with one now. This machine is a similar one by the sound of it. Motherboards are very cheap on ebay in the UK, even board ram and pcu bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back