TechSpot

No power to PC but I get a green light on motherboard

By pac
Mar 8, 2009
  1. hi people this my fist time on here so i hope some 1 can help .....i got a emachines 3210 pc and it was working fine .went to turn it on yesterday and got no power but i got a green light on motherboard i really need to get this sorted as i borrowed the pc off a m8 and i dont really want to folk out for new bits . it would be great if some 1 has anyidea wat it could be.other wise its off to bank get some money and get a new motherboard lol.... oh i got a 2.70ghz celeron processor if that helps in any way cheers

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,060   +169

The eMachines power supply (and possibly the motherboard) is bad. Just because you have a green light, doesn't mean that the power supply or motherboard is good. It takes many separate voltages to operate a computer. The geen LED means only that you have +5volts to the motherboard

3. Darren192

Darren192 TS Rookie Posts: 25

I recently went to put new RAM in a friends emachines PC, which resluted in everything whizzing but no signal to the monitor, whether its a RAM thing or the graphics integrated connection I don't know but I do know I wouldn't buy or tinker with one now. This machine is a similar one by the sound of it. Motherboards are very cheap on ebay in the UK, even board ram and pcu bundles.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.