No run or shutdown buttons in start menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much the problem is as the title states, there are no run or shutdown buttons in the start menu. When trying to access the run function by using windows button+r i get the message, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on your computer. Please contact your system administrator." Moreover, it is box is checked when i go to start menu->properties->customize->advanced tab. I have reinstalled windows and this problem reoccured after I installed my programs, also have i have run spybot search and destroy, AVG 7.5, and adaware 6 and there were no problems found (and under user accounts there is only one account which i am using which supposedly has admin control). Hopefully there is someone that can help.

EDIT: I figured out what the problem was. I found when using hijackthis a couple of programs that were running which were not normal so i deleted them. Once i did this i regained access to the registry, at that point i went to Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer to check if there were any hack files there. To my suprise there were and i deleted those. Then i ran Spybot S&D which found spyware, deleted that, then went to start menu->properties->customize->advanced tab and "reset" the run command and both of them appeared magically on the start menu again. :D (well if anyone else has this problem in the future hopefully this can help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back