No scrolling in Opera browser? Why not?

pyromaster114

Okay... so I recently (at the recommendation of a friend) installed Opera to try it out.

Well I like the browser just fine so far, but there's one problem: The scrolling feature on my touchpad just DOES NOT WORK at all in Opera.

Why?

So far, the following has been suggested:

Someone said "update the driver."
Well may I ask then: FROM WHERE? WHAT DRIVER UPDATE?
The only driver in existence (which I don't even know where I got it...) is the one I have.
It's an Alps touchpad apparently, and I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I don't know if I have the answer but is this touchpad built into a keyboard or a separate USB or PS/2 item?

Try disabling "Mouse Gestures" in the options and see if it works then? (Ctrl F12, then "shortcuts" in the left hand frame and uncheck "Enable Mouse Gestures", or Menu, Settings, Preferences instead of Ctrl F12). It might be that the scroll area of the touchpad is quite small and the software is detecting the start of a mouse gesture(particularly if you have a "tap to click" setting for the touchpad) which is over riding the scroll movement of the touchpad.

Well, mouse gestures are off.
Single key shortcuts are off.

The little scroll icon appears beside the pointer, so it seems to be sending the 'scroll' signal or whatever... but it doesn't work.
I have absolutely no clue why it doesn't scroll.

Yep. Works just fine in Firefox, Google Chrome, Windows Explorer / IE, anything in windows... MS word.... you name it. Perfect. No problems.

Just Opera... just won't scroll for some odd reason... but yeah it's only opera.

I have just installed Opera build 36.0 to test this issue.
On a Lenovo Yoga laptop, using the touchpad,1 fingertip wiill move the cursor around as normal, 2 fingertips together will scroll the screen up or down.
Can't be sure if that will work on other systems though.

Try to change width:100% and overflow:hidden of body using it may work.
<style>
body
{
width:100%;
overflow:hidden;
}
</style>

Back