No signal after installing new graphics card, no signal after removing new card

This is my first time posting.

I just bought an ATI Radeon R4350 graphics card. I followed the (brief) installation instructions, but received "No signal" on two separate monitors, both of which had no problems previously. After reading some forums, I though I should disable the onboard graphics first, so I backtracked by removing the new graphics card and returning my monitors to their original ports. However, after returning to my original setup, I still got "No signal". I've already reset the BIOS, but still no results.

Please indicate your computer specs.
Are you sure that your video card is compatible with the motherboard ?

Please indicate your computer specs.
Are you sure that your video card is compatible with the motherboard ?

Well, its compatible in the sense that I have a PCI-E slot on the motherboard, and it is a PCI-E card, but I don't know if there are any software conflicts.

My computer is a modest Acer AM1201-ed5000a, upgraded to Windows 7, but I'm using my Samsung HDTV as the primary monitor. What puzzles me most is that after returning to the original setup I still received no signal.

I'm VERY new to computer tech, I'm not sure which specs you need to know, or even how to find them without any kind of display.

No signal on HD monitor?

I would try a different monitor first, try to prove if you have a signal out of your PC.
If no other monitor, have you changed the 'source' on the Samsung to 'PC' ?
If you have no image on any monitor, switch off the PC and unplug from mains. Take out the PCI express card. Plug the blue VGA cable into the onboard graphics socket of PC and into your monitor. Start the PC again. By taking out the Graphic card, the PC should revert back to the onboard 'integrated' graphics. You should be able to see what you are doing now ! To find out more detailed info about your PC, there are several free programs you can download, and will analyse your setup.
You can Google for; ' 'PC Wizard 2010', or 'HWinfo32' . Hope this helps.

Back