'no signal' message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just joined here looking for some advice with my situation. Over the weekend I went to best buy and bought an acer aspire M5201, wanting to buy a new graphics card for it they told me to upgrade the power supply. So they recommended a 5.50mh so I could upgrade my card in the future if I wanted. Eventually I ended up putting in a 9600 GT card in there and picked it up today. They installed all the drivers and everything so I took it home, hooked it up, turned it on and everything was working fine. The fans were going the lights were on and I could even hear a start up sound throught the speakers. But ofcourse the monitor wasn't showing anything. I first had a NU monitor hooked up that was displaying a 'no signal' message, so I switched it with a Dell monitor I had, this time nothing showed up.

I've googled my problem with all kinds of answers like reseting the RAM, switching jumpers for a couple seconds etc. Basically I don't know much about computers on the inside and I'll probably end up taking it in tomorrow, but I'm just curious if you guys have any suggestions.

Well, after looking around I seemed to have figured out the problem. I didn't realize I got a DVI connector, so I hooked that up and voila.. stupid me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back