No signal, monitor goes to sleep

I bought a new Asus pc and hooked up my old monitor to it and no problems. I decided to get a new monitor a ( HP27cw ). when I connect it to my pc I don't get a signal. I tried connecting it to my old pc and get the same problem. My old monitor works will work on both pc's. I have called HP and they sent me another new monitor and still the same problem.

Cable - were you using the same cable and card connection and power cable with both old and new monitors? Or is there a possibility that the cable and/or card connection and/or power cable are faulty? Do you get any message on screen?

It looks a very smart monitor and in the spec it says it has VGA and HDMI connections. Have you tried hooking it up with an HDMI cable? Presumably that's the latest way to go.

Cable - were you using the same cable and card connection and power cable with both old and new monitors? Or is there a possibility that the cable and/or card connection and/or power cable are faulty? Do you get any message on screen?
Used the same cables and card connection with both monitors.

It looks a very smart monitor and in the spec it says it has VGA and HDMI connections. Have you tried hooking it up with an HDMI cable? Presumably that's the latest way to go.
Your correct it has VGA and HDMI connections, I tried using the VGA cable that came with the monitor and when that didn't work I went out and bought a HDMI cable and this doesn't work either. I tried both cables with my old monitor and both work fine.

Used the same cables and card connection with both monitors.
And the old monitor worked and the new one did not.

Then the new monitor is "bad" (maybe a hidden switch? a special setting?) - and it is time to confer with HP while still under warranty and to ask Asus if they have seen such problems..

Try connecting it up to a different computer and see if it works. It seems very unlikely that you have received two duff monitors. If it works on another computer that narrows it down to some compatibility problem with your graphics card or graphics drivers. Download the latest ones for your OS from the manufacturer's website. I rarely bother reading instructions but in this case go over them carefully in case as Cycloid mentions there is some switch or setting that you've overlooked.

Hi, I would use the VGA (blue) cable to start with, get a it showing an image on screen, then look at changing to the HDMI.
As you had no trouble before, and faulty cables are very unusual (in my experience), the problem is more likely to be in the setup of the new monitors, so you need to get the on-screen menus up and check if the input is set to the correct one.
Look for the type of input, e.g. VGA/ DVI / HDMI and set it to VGA.
The other advantage in doing this is that your O/S ( Windows ?) does not need any special graphic drivers, so it really ought to work.
( Are you seeing a message on screen such as 'No input signal' ? or nothing at all ?)

Back