No "signal" on boot with Windows 7 through HDMI

By franatieu
Jan 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I searched through different topic to see a solution to my problem and unfortunately found nothing.

I have a 27" samsung screen plugged to my pc with an hdmi cable.

When I open my pc, the screen display nothing during the boot until It gets to my desktop.

It has been a few weeks already but now I'm really tired about the problem.
    My screen was plugged in with a dvi cable before and there was no problem.

My graphic card is geforce gtx560 fermi and I use windows 7 pro x64.

It's really annoying when I want to get to the bios or for any other kind of situation.

My driver is also up to date.

Any solution :/? I don't know what to do. :dead:

Thanks
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

With a DVI cable it works and with an HDMI cable you have a problem. You will have to check the PC's video settings and make sure they are set properly for HDMI use
  3. franatieu

franatieu Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you for the answer.

Well that is what I am wondering. How do I do that?

I've checked through a lot recently. I checked the nvidia control panel. I went into my Bios. I can't seems to find the options.

The only way I can see my bios is when I dual screen. My other 23" samsung is plugged in with dvi.

My motherboard is an Asus xtreme p7d55d-E.

Thank you again...
  4. Tmagic650

I have a similar video card, but it too is running my Samsung 24 inch monitor with a DVI cable. It seems like the HDMI connection is not enabled until Windows starts, and I don't know why this is happening either. Does your videocard have a micro-HDMI connector? Does the HDMI cable have a micro-HDMI connector and then a normal HDMI connector on the other end, or are you using an adapter?
  5. franatieu

Ohh yes it does! It has an adapter. I guess from normal hdmi to mini hdmi.
    The little adapter came with my graphic card. :(

**If I got another problem related to window start menu, should I post on this topic or make a new one?

Thank you
  6. Tmagic650

7. franatieu

Alright thanks for the answer!
    But how would it change anything to the recognition? I'll give it a shot.

2. My start menu search bar is not searching correctly. I've been through alot of attempts with no success...
    I even copied exactly the same configurations from my working laptop to my desktop (index option, folder options, file type and the search option customize thingy from star menu properties window).
    I also copied the registry for hkey local machine.
    The registry microsoft suggest to delete in hkey-current-user wasnt there.
    I dont know what could be the problem.

It is better then it was before all the attemps but I still can't even find snipping tool or paint or steam. All available in star menu programs/accessories.

Thank you for responding and helping :)
  8. Tmagic650

As I said before, I use a DVI connection from my PC. I only have HDMI connections to my TV's though Roku, Cable and Blu-Ray players, no PC's. As for the search bar, programs missing and registry problems. I think you will have to format your C drive and re-install Windows fresh. Sounds like a serious malware infection
  9. franatieu

Well i guess i might do that...this could take a long time. O gues its the only solutions! Thank you for all the answer :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.