No Signal to Monitor from Video Card

I'm going to include as much information as possible, because I really don't know what's wrong here.

So a few days ago I updated a program, which resulted in it crashing on startup. I searched for a solution, and some people said to try reverting my video drivers and/or using "AMD Cleanup Utility 1.2.1.0" to uninstall my current drivers and then reinstall a different version. I used the program to uninstall the 13.6 Beta drivers and other AMD utilities and restarted the computer once it was finished to complete the process. However, once I tried turning the computer back on, the monitor said that there was no signal. This was fixed by taking out the video card and plugging the monitor into the VGA slot on my motherboard to use the integrated video (as for some reason it wouldn't work if my video card was still inserted in the motherboard).

I tried restoring Windows to an earlier date but this made it so that neither the video card nor the integrated video could successfully send a signal to my monitor. After a few more restores, I tried plugging in a different HDD with a working copy of Windows 7 on it as well, and this let me successfully boot up with the integrated video. Switching back to my original HDD, I could now also successfully boot with the integrated video, even with the video card inserted. I'm not sure why this helped, but it did. I had been using a VGA to DVI converter to be able to plug the monitor into my video card (since the monitor came with a VGA cable) so I assumed that maybe using an HDMI cable would fix the problem. It made no difference.

The 6950 doesn't show up in the Device Manager either. It's not connected to the monitor but it is plugged into the motherboard, so I don't know if this should be the case. I also tried dusting out my computer and pulling out the CMOS battery for 10 minutes, but neither helped.

Related Specs:
XFX Radeon 6950 2GB
ASUS VS229
Windows 7 Home Premium
BIOSTAR TZ68A+

Plug the GPU into the PCIe slot, boot up your machine using the VGA graphics, then install the latest 13.4 stable driver. If that doesnt help, try another PCIe slot.

Back