TechSpot

No signal to monitor, keyboard, mouse, no beeps

By Karilan
Jun 12, 2010
  1. **I don't know my computer specs and obviously can't get it from my computer but if you tell me where to find it on the chips, I can try to do that.**

My computer isn't very old, no more than a year, it's been working fine. No new software or hardware. I haven't moved it. This morning it wouldn't boot up properly. After clicking the button, it gave 1 long beep and 2 short ones. No signal to monitor. I didn't check keyboard or mouse. All fans appear to be working.
    I replugged everything to make sure nothing was loose, and turned it back on. No more beeps, still no signal to monitor. Keyboard and mouse aren't lighting up.
    I tried unplugging the power cord and pressing the button to clear the power. Still no beeps, no signal. All fans are still working.

Any suggestions please?

2. ucould2

ucould2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 335

Ok so here is the complete BIOS beep Guide after all you're sitting in front of your computer and I promise you, you do have the best view of what brand it is. Don't you?

3. Karilan

Karilan TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried replacing the video card and the RAM, but the computer still wouldn't post. Decided to just take it in...after 4 days they tell me it's the video card. Doesn't make much sense since I already replaced that but okay...so now I need to buy another video card.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.