No signal to monitor, keyboard, mouse, no beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
**I don't know my computer specs and obviously can't get it from my computer but if you tell me where to find it on the chips, I can try to do that.**

My computer isn't very old, no more than a year, it's been working fine. No new software or hardware. I haven't moved it. This morning it wouldn't boot up properly. After clicking the button, it gave 1 long beep and 2 short ones. No signal to monitor. I didn't check keyboard or mouse. All fans appear to be working.
I replugged everything to make sure nothing was loose, and turned it back on. No more beeps, still no signal to monitor. Keyboard and mouse aren't lighting up.
I tried unplugging the power cord and pressing the button to clear the power. Still no beeps, no signal. All fans are still working.

Any suggestions please?

I tried replacing the video card and the RAM, but the computer still wouldn't post. Decided to just take it in...after 4 days they tell me it's the video card. Doesn't make much sense since I already replaced that but okay...so now I need to buy another video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back