No Signal To Monitor

By XP2100+
Nov 9, 2002
  1. Ok heres the problem.....and its really, really annoying me!
    I bought:
    Abit KD7
    512mb PC3200
    recently, and it worked, except it ran as a 1500+.....finally worked out wat it was! FSB was at 100, not 133! So i tried putting it at 133, but everything kept hanging:( so i tried it at some different FSB worked fine up until 128FSB! Then during a run of 3DMark my pc just turned off. And now wen i try to boot up, it seems as though its booting fine, but there is no signal to the monitor!

I have a Radeon8500 128mb, but i dont think this is the problem, as i've tried my old TNT2, but still nothing works! Please help, as i wasnt overclocking anything, just trying to get it to run at normal speeds ffs!

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Uh oh...That doesn't sound good.

Are there any POST beeps?

You probably need the newest Abit BIOS flash, it may not have supported teh 2100+.
  3. Cucumber

Cucumber TS Rookie Posts: 154

Its ok now! I fixed it for him :) ...he lives just round the corner!

Did a few things, changed the PSU lead, as it was a bit dodgy. And did the old hold "Insert" while booting! All seems to work fine he didnt have 4in1's installed. His 3DMark is now sitting around 8200, should be a lot higher after some tweaking :p
  4. Vehementi

Oh good. Tell your buddy to stick around TS.
  5. Vehementi

I have yet to try my machine w/ the new upgrades around 3DMark. Oohoohoo, it'll get higher than 8200 ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.