No Signal To Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok heres the problem.....and its really, really annoying me!
I bought:
Abit KD7
512mb PC3200
XP2100+
recently, and it worked, except it ran as a 1500+.....finally worked out wat it was! FSB was at 100, not 133! So i tried putting it at 133, but everything kept hanging:( so i tried it at some different FSB speeds.....it worked fine up until 128FSB! Then during a run of 3DMark my pc just turned off. And now wen i try to boot up, it seems as though its booting fine, but there is no signal to the monitor!

I have a Radeon8500 128mb, but i dont think this is the problem, as i've tried my old TNT2, but still nothing works! Please help, as i wasnt overclocking anything, just trying to get it to run at normal speeds ffs!

Steve

Uh oh...That doesn't sound good.

Are there any POST beeps?

You probably need the newest Abit BIOS flash, it may not have supported teh 2100+.

Its ok now! I fixed it for him :) ...he lives just round the corner!

Did a few things, changed the PSU lead, as it was a bit dodgy. And did the old hold "Insert" while booting! All seems to work fine now....plus he didnt have 4in1's installed. His 3DMark is now sitting around 8200, should be a lot higher after some tweaking :p

I have yet to try my machine w/ the new upgrades around 3DMark. Oohoohoo, it'll get higher than 8200 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back