No sound after reinstall

jimrich

[FONT=Arial]Using Dell dim. 3000, win xp home, sp2, C-media sound card (which replaced original dell card)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I reinstalled windows and got most of my programs back up and running but the sound is not there and I have tried dozens of "fixes" to no avail. I got all the dell drivers I needed after the reinstall. A long time ago, I replaced the Dell sound card with a C-media card and it has always performed well - UNTIL after the windows reinstall! I have posted many times at Dell forums but can get no useful help there. I removed the Cmedia card from my Dell tower so there is no physical sound card in the cumputer for now. I had hoped to access the internal audio device from the front jack with my headphones but still no sound at all. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Currently, the device manager shows = SoundMax audio = Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me out here or offer any leads, etc. to get sound back on my computer.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]thank,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]jim :)[/FONT]

Back