TechSpot

No sound coming from my work PC

By treetops
Jan 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I am on my work computer training. I am at a hotel alone, the manager is not answering the phone. So yeah when its slow I am supposed to go throught the work training program. The thing is no damn sound comes out of this pc. I looked at the system sound in control panel its up, I tried other apps, no sound. I looked at the device drivers, they look fine.

In hardware and sound it lists speaker, I have it selected as default the volume is set properly. There are 2 other sound devices I tried both of them and no sound. I selected only show connected sound devices.

However upon inspecting the pc there is no speaker plugged in and from what I can tell the monitor has no sound. What the smell? Ill ask my manager in 5 hours... but I thought maybe someone had an idea here, I googled how to use my phone as a speaker but only came up with dead ends.

ps mm looks like windows updates is off, gonna give this beezy a tune up
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

Buy some headphones and plug em in?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.