TechSpot

No Sound From Headphone Jack With Realtek Hd Audio Device?

By Stranger007
May 8, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been finding a solution for days now and I still haven't found for this. I am using windows 7. I can clearly hear music from my 2 speakers, but when I plug my headphones into the front jack inputs......no sound! in the playback devices,it shows my headphone is not plugged in!! The mic works fine. I have DL'd the latest realtek drivers and made sure all mute's are off but still nothing. If anyone knows how to fix this, you will be a better man than I. thank u in advance:)
  2. wii-ste

wii-ste TS Rookie Posts: 197

hi,

Was your PC built for you or did you buy it in a shop?

If it was built for you, you might want to check that the front panel connectors are connected to the motherboard. I have seen many people forget to do this.
  3. wii-ste

wii-ste TS Rookie Posts: 197

Following on from this (not sure if Stranger007 is still about), my friend had this exact problem today.

I solved it by opening the Realtek control panel, selecting the Jack Options button (looks like a folder on the right) and selected 'Disable jack detection'. This means that the devices are always on but you don't get the fore-mentioned problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.