TechSpot

No sound from the speakers or headphones of the computer

By techworld84
May 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am using an AMD Phenom 9850 Quad core processor computer that i bought 4 months back. Everything was working fine until 1 month back, there was a problem with the audio. Now no audio comes from the speaker and headphones.

I have uninstalled the realtek drivers and reinstalled it, but still it doesn't work. The computer has an ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard. When i open the device manager, i get a yellow question mark beside the sound card device. I again uninstall and reinstall the driver, still theres no audio.

Is there any resolution for this except for taking the processor to a computer shop for repair???? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,366   +167

You need to provide more information.

Including your system specs: (make / model, what version of Windows? what Service Pack (SP) release level? is it 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?

And tell us what Windows is reporting
    • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  3. soulslayer

soulslayer Newcomer, in training Posts: 52

I am assuming that you are using the intergrated sound chip that is on the motherboard. I very much doubt that the processor is the culprit. If you are running Windows XP, did you do a Windows repair after installing the new processor? What is the max ouput of your power supply?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.