No sound from the speakers or headphones of the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using an AMD Phenom 9850 Quad core processor computer that i bought 4 months back. Everything was working fine until 1 month back, there was a problem with the audio. Now no audio comes from the speaker and headphones.

I have uninstalled the realtek drivers and reinstalled it, but still it doesn't work. The computer has an ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard. When i open the device manager, i get a yellow question mark beside the sound card device. I again uninstall and reinstall the driver, still theres no audio.

Is there any resolution for this except for taking the processor to a computer shop for repair???? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

You need to provide more information.

Including your system specs: (make / model, what version of Windows? what Service Pack (SP) release level? is it 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?

And tell us what Windows is reporting
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

I am assuming that you are using the intergrated sound chip that is on the motherboard. I very much doubt that the processor is the culprit. If you are running Windows XP, did you do a Windows repair after installing the new processor? What is the max ouput of your power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back