No sound in Windows 7 + YouTube video lag

Atham

Recently there is no sound and the youtube videos lag.

It started after I finished downloading the UDK Game Engine Installer, and then it said wintrust.dll missing. Fixed that problem but there was no sound and the youtube videos lag.

Any help?

Thanks

Hello,

Have you tried to update your drivers?

For your convidence, i have arranged the links for you, just click it, since the links are live:

MSI 785GM-E51 drivers for Windows 7 x86.
- Audio
- Network
- Chipset
- Video from ATI Site ( You could try the suite install, based on my experience of using ATI mobility driver for ex-Dell Inspiron 6400 runs off with Radeon X1300, it was quite problematic using the 9.3 driver, hopefully 11.5 will work on ya. )

Please do not heistate to write back if you have any more problems :)

P.S. Just realized that you are using the Micro-ATX mobo, please check your power settings, and make some changes to it, I had this problem running the games, but not youtube while using the Download or Balanced power settings, you probably will have to set them to High Performance setting.

1. Try watching a youtube video with task manager open to the Processes tab and see if your CPU usage is abnormally high at the bottom (20% or higher). Don't use a high definition video for this test. If usage is/seems high, use the CPU column to see what process is using the most. Ignore the System Idle Process.

2. Try reinstalling your audio drivers.

3. If you're still having trouble after that, then try any of the steps in the link below. I know you said you fixed the wintrust.dll issue, but you may have to put it back before you can fix your sound, i dunno. Start with the easier steps then go from there if you feel comfortable. I've never had this issue, so if you get it worked out let me know what fixed it.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/wintrust-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Does this only work on laptops? I have a Desktop computer.

Catalys Control Center worked before. I currently uninstalled it. I will install it again, see if it works. I didn't try the sound yet

Reinstalled it but I still couldn't access it. I installed 11.5b hotfix. Didn't restart yet because of revising for tests.

Then I will try the links.

I reinstalled the drivers, still can't open CCC. Sound not back on. What should I do?

How can I system restore?

Worked. Youtube runs well. Now the sound problem. Any suggestions?

Ran for a second well. Now lags again

I just found something I out. If I disable the sound from the device manager then youtube works perfect.

Any help on how to have both?

Take a look at your Control Panel; navagate through the "Sounds"... at the playback tab, you'll see the installed audio devices..

If you have more than one speaker on the list, you need to select one working audio as default.... As you should know that "Speakers" on the very top of the list should already set as default, watch the speaker's output ( the green bar), while playing any youtubes, you should see the activity on "Speakers" bar, and if you do, it's very good chance that you muted it via Volume Mixer.

If you do not see activities next to "Speakers", let us know!

Everything is fine now. I fixed it by changing some Logon Service.

Thread can be closed or locked. Thanks for everyone's help.

I have the exact same problem but I don't understand your solution

My youtube videos lag (0.5 fps) and I get so sound in windows 7 (other videos files play fine with no sound)

if i disconnect my headphones, the lag on youtube videos gets better ( 1 fps)

if I disable my sound in device manager my youtube videos play smoothly

Go to start and if you have Win 7 type into the search bar Services. A list will pop up. Find windows audio, right click, properties. You will see start, stop and etc... press stop. Then get onto LogOn.

Select this account if not selected. You should see help me configure user account log on options. Search for NT AUTHORITY\LocalService. Copy paste it into the tab next to browse. Select a password and press enter. Your PC should reboot.

Then go to services and turn windows audio on. Restart again. This worked for me.

I got upto "then get onto logon"

I dont know what logon is and when i type it into google it comes back with the windows log in screen

Hi underjeep

Based on Atham's feedback, suggest you check your Windows Services. Do this

Right click My Computer then select Manage->Services and Applications->Services. Scroll to Windows Audio. Check and tell us if
1. Status=Started
2. StartupType=Automatic
3. LogOn As=Local Service

attachment.php

Attachments

• Windows Audio.jpg
    Windows Audio.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 28
I was trying to get a screenshot but that is what you need to do.

Thanks for the screenshot LookinAround

Back