No sound in Windows 7

Hi Guys & Galls

Im in need of help, was running windows xp and the sound was fine. I obtained a copy of 'Windows 7 Ultimate N' and It installed fine, however I have no been able to get my sound to work as well as other things like Limewire (not to bothered about Limewire) I have instilled C-media CM6501 whiched installed without problems however still didn't give me sound. when I play Itunes the volume bar in sounds moves but still nothin from the speakers. I have plugged the speakers into my ipod and they work fine. I have tryed reinstalling the audio Drivers, updating them. and can't really think what else to do, I hope theres someone out there who can help. I am running on board sound of the Asus M2N-E SLI.

I'm currently thinking of getting a sound card or just reinstalling win XP, which i really don't want to do.

Hi andrew,

Ok number one we dont recommend you use Limewire.

As for the sound try Searching for and downloadingh Realtek Audio AC'97 or Realter Audio HD definition Drivers.
This should solve your problem. Also do you have you mobo drivers intalled.

Hope this helps
James

It sounds to me like more of a conflict than anything else. You really shouldn't be having any issues with audio drivers for an Asus motherboard.

Asus don't provide drivers for this motherboard (for W7 anyway), so what drivers are you using?

W7 should recognise, and configure your sound drivers during install, which is why I think it might be a conflict of some kind - possibly. This is assuming W7 "N" versions are identical to normal W7 editions.

(From Wikipedia), "N Editions",

"Windows N Editions are available for both upgrades and new purchases, for the Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Windows 7. The features in the N Editions are the same as their equivalent full versions as well as the same price, but do not include Windows Media Player. The cost of the N Editions are the same as the full versions, as Windows Media Player can be downloaded without charge from Microsoft for the N Editions. This comes after an EU lawsuit in which Microsoft was sued for anti-competitive practices. Before Internet Explorer is launched, a browser choice dialogue is brought up to ask the user which browser they want, however Internet Explorer is still installed".

Given that, "Limewire" was mentioned in the original post, and an "N" edition is in furtherance of humoring the EU, I just don't know what to make of all this.

I thought that "Limewire" was offline anyway. (?) https://www.techspot.com/news/40868-limewire-shuts-down-p2p-service-looks-to-future.html That might explain why that doesn't work.

Maybe you need to get the "Pirate Edition"; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic156413.html

First,Is your O.S. (Winadows 7) a licensed version?
Second, are you sure that your Mobao supports Winadows 7?

-- please perform a Windows update first

.. Kindly inform us.. thanks

andrew, please open device manager (right click on my computer, and you can find it in the left side pane), then see whether there is any device is listed with a small yellow escalation icon, which would mean that the device is not function properly. If there is none, chances are you selection of out put sound medium is need to be looked at as well.

Back