No sound on Windows XP w/ SigmaTel drivers

ENVIRONMENT:
-Windows XP
-Sigmatel Audio Drivers
-Dell Latitude D520 Laptop

Ok so here's the story, I installed Guitar Rig 5, couldn't get sound to come out of guitar rig so I decided to install ASIO4All v2. Now, NO SOUND comes out of my speakers whether its itunes, youtube, guitar rig, etc. I have uninstalled ASIO4all and this has not helped. I have also reinstalled the sigmatel drivers that go with my soundcard. I am incredibly frustrated and hope that somebody can help me get my speakers working again. Any help is much appreciated. If you need any more info on my system specs or symptoms, please dont hesitate to ask.

THANKS!

UPDATE: Upon reinstalling guitar rig and ASIO4all, I still have no sound, but when I make any sound, the sound is recognized in the input/output meters of guitar rig. Speakers still make no sound with ANY program.

When I looked up Guitar Rig 5 Pro, it did not support Windows XP, only Windows 7 or so said the system requirements. Try changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP. If that doesn't work, you might have to use a Windows 7 machine.

Also, if you did not uninstall your old sound drivers before trying to install the new ones, be sure to do so. I would install the Sigmatel driver from Dell as my first choice and see what happens.

Back