TechSpot

No sound on XP Pro

By learninmypc
Feb 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I just recently reinstalled the OS on this http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-question-about-xp-pro.190109/ .
    Everything on it is working but no sound via the headphones from front or rear jacks.
    I tried uninstalling/rebooting to reinstall , but it didn't work. I know it worked before because the user watched plenty of videos on youtube.
    Here are the specs
    XP Settings.jpg
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,814   +178

Quick question? Did you download the drives from the computer manufacter?
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,226   +232

According to Device Manager, it says I have AMD High Definition Audio Device.
    There was an update for said via filehippo so I tried installing it on the C: Drive but didn't work so I checked out I: Drive & saw AMD in there so I repeated it & still nothing. Unless you can give me the link to AMD, I'll google it & try that.
    "EDIT" I've found the AMD & am using the auto detect.
  4. Cobalt006

Let me know what happens. Most of the time that motherboard you have use realteck audio
  5. learninmypc

Ok, I'll try the realteck site since the AMD didn't do nothing but add an icon to my notification area telling me the color & dimensions
  6. Cobalt006

7. learninmypc

I did something correct finally. I can hear now.. I googled realtech & after looking thru the results, I saw realtech audio at the bottom, long story short, it downloaded & installed I rebooted & heard it.:) (y) Thanks Cobalt006 for your help.
  8. Cobalt006

Cool glad to hear that and you are welcome

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.