No sound Packard Bell iXtreme 7070

Hi,
We wiped our pc & re-installed windows xp, but ever since have had no sound.
We have a packard bell ixtreme 7070 & have tried re-installing drivers via packard bells support site but with no luck.
Can anyone help, thanks.

Check your BIOS setup menu. See if there's an option to disable "Onboard Audio" or "Integrated Audio" or some similar name. If found, it should be set to ON or Automatic or something similar.

If still a problem, post back and let us know.

OK, then next

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Msinfo32 results:

Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_200B1631&REV_A0\3&61AAA01&1&17 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Multimedia Video Controller PCI\VEN_1797&DEV_6804&SUBSYS_3004F700&REV_10\3&61AAA01&1&58 This device is not configured correctly.
Network Controller PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_70011799&REV_03\3&61AAA01&1&48 This device is not configured correctly.

dxdiag results:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.1 KB · Views: 1
i couldn't find your ixtreme 7070 model on the packard bell site but your audio chip

Code:
Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_200B1631&REV_A0\3&61AAA01&1&17
appears to be Sis7012 audio.

Create a SYstem Restore point before installing new drivers
> Try download the driver HERE
> You could also use DriverEasy to identify device and driver download (its slow download for free but info should also point you to vendor site so you could do the download

Also
> You must have 2 network controllers? one's working, the other has no driver
> And do you have addon graphics card too? (just curious)

> You must have 2 network controllers? one's working, the other has no driver
> And do you have addon graphics card too? (just curious)
Just downloading the driver you suggested.
I was given this pc by my mum so im not too sure on the graphics card, my partner has had a look & doesn't think there is one. He also said that (regarding the network controller) one must have come with the pc originally & a 2nd wireless adapter was added on. We have never been able to get the wireless reciever to work, i'm guessing that's the one without the driver.
Thanks for the help.

As I was downloading the driver, an error box popped up saying -536870397
Hmm... I was going to hunt myself but i think this should work and be easy... Try DriverEasy. It'll probably suggest updates more many devices but "if it ain't broke, don't fixit" so just download and try the audio device driver and let us know the result

Back