TechSpot

No sound/Sound card not found-- Creative Audigy error

By stitchintricia
Mar 9, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I'm working on husband's pc, it is an HP Media Ctr. set up. Pavilion 4100e. We had to do a System Restore when pc was over run with virus/trojan infections. SR resulted in some lost Driver/Controller files, including ethernet and sound card. I have recovered all Driver/Controller files-- and everything is working except for sound.

I have uninstalled Creative Audigy Audio Processor (through Device Manager) and reinstalled (through Found New Hardware). I have run dxdiag, only to find "device cannot start" under problem devices/sound card.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work again? I cannot use System Restore to go back to when it was working, because that would take me back to all the virus/trojan infections and nothing was working.

Any help would be appreciated~

Thanks,

Tricia
  2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

what OS does it have
  3. stitchintricia

stitchintricia TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

This pc has Windows XP Professional.
  4. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

5. stitchintricia

stitchintricia TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

Wow! Sound at last!

Thanks so much! That was the driver that made it work! Thank you so very much!

And to think--the only solution the HP tech offered was, "Well, you could try to uninstall Windows and re-install it again...." Yeah...thanks, but no thanks, HP!

Really, I am so pleased and so grateful--- at last, my husband's pc has it's sound back---
    makes me feel like shouting,

"Sound, at last! Sound,at last! Great God Almighty! We have sound, at last!"

Thank you,

Tricia
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.