No source found at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the Suse 9.3 Pro and tried to install. No problem until I got to the YaST "Installation Settings" page. At the top of the page it reads, "Click any headline to make changes or use the "Change...." menu below". Under the "Software" section it reads in red, "No source found at 'cd:///:devices=/dev/hdc'." The next line reads, in black, "ERROR: No proposal". When I click on the Software title to make changes I am presented with a button that reads "Detailed selection". When I click on that it opens up to a software selection page but there are no selections to choose from. It's all blank. When I click on "File" and then "Import" I'm givin the option to search either the hard drive or the floppy for a file named "user.sel". That's as far as I get. When I tested the cd it had errors. All of the installation CD's I downloaded have errors but they can't all be the same. Besides, I downloaded and installed redhat9 with no problems from CD's that had errors. This is my first posting so I don't know if my email is automatically attached so I'll just include it here. "wyndelljf@hotmail.com"wyndelljf@hotmail.com :mad:

I feel kinda' stupid! It turned out to be bad media. I downloaded from a different site and no more problem. Thank's to everyone for the advice. :haha:

Get youself CDs that don't have errors. It may also be that the place you are downbloading them from has faulty copies - try some other site.

Net install from a mirror with bad files is even more frustrating :) It is better to download the .isos and use the checksums to verify than go through the net setup only to find out there is no software to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back