No video input

Raduu

Hello guys.Im new around here.I have a problem.I was having a problem with my computer,saying I have no video input.Somebody came to my place,and unplugging a little fan.But the computer was working fine,with exception that was heating very fast and temperature of CPU was 70-80.I opened one side of case and was fine.Today I was cleaning pc and I connected back that fan and unplug it fast.After I did that,monitor was saying no video input.

I really dont want to call back to the service cause I was there 3 times and they are not serious.I just wanna make it fast and clean.

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english!

Unless somebody else says differently, I'd plug that fan back in & try it. If it works, fine, if not,post back. Either way, don't let that "friend" touch your pc again. :)

Let me understand this.. You are saying service came out and unplug a fan. In the computer. Did they give you a reason? For why they unplugged the fan.

That friend own a service specialized in computer. And Cobalt006,they told me the motherboard has an error not recognizing the fan or something.I also had an error,some underline blinking and computer dont starting,after unplugging my fan and after pressing some buttons the computer worked.

I see . If the computer is still working. You can purchase a fan to replace. The bad one. When you purchase the fan make sure you buy one that will plug into the Power Supply not the mother board. Give this a try and see if it works. This should help with your over heating problem. But if the computer is not working now you may have short something on the board when you plugged the fan back in.

My computer was working fine without a side of the case opened,I dont need a new fan,without that little fan computer was working,and I dont know what should I do to get him back to his "legs"..Should I get the battery off and reset bios or something?

So as of now the computer is not working? If its not working . It maybe as I stated earlier. You may have shorted something on the board out. When you plugged the fan back in. As far as resetting the bios. You can give it a try and see if that works. Hopefully it will.

Last edited:
Without the fan he was heating fast and closing after 20 minutes.I get the side off and was better,was running like normal. I was cleaning it and wondering where is the slot of fan,I found it and plug it,open computer to see if works,and unplug it and close computer.After this,30 minutes left and I wanted to play some games and monitor saying no video input

Do you have a video card or on board video? If you have a card . Try removing it. Then reinstalling it. It may have been bumped.

Video card.I tried wiggling it a little,pushing video card a little to motherboard,but no effect.

If you have on board graphics. You can try pulling the video card and seeing if it will boot from the onboard graphics. If not like I said earlier. When you plugged the fan back in it may have short something on the motherboard.

When I went to service they pulled out the graphic card and say its not broke.And if I have a short to motherboard what should I do?

Its the same problem from start.No video input,that friend came and press some buttons f2 and f10 hardly,didnt work,restarted computer pressed again and worked,I dont know,I dont remember how he did it,but worked.

He reset the bios to default. Which in turn let the bios see the video card. Cool glad to know it working.

I tried to press like an retard f2 f10 del but nothing happens.I replaced ram and clean off dust,wiggle the gpu and replacing the cable,and remove the battery for 30-60 seconds..nothing works and I tried many restarts and now I have long beeps,lasts 2-3 seconds with an interval of 2-3 seconds.

If you have beeps now. Something is loose on the mainboard. Such as ram or the video card.. Can you even get it to post to the bios? If not . Like I said before I think your mother board may have shorted out. If so the only way to fix it is to replace it.

Last edited:
The motherboard is Gygabite m57 sli s4 and I dont wanna replace it cause its a little bit expensive.

The motherboard is Gygabite m57 sli s4 and I dont wanna replace it cause its a little bit expensive.
If it don't work & you don't replace it, sounds like one pc that won't work.
I know nothing about mobo's but if it don't work, oh well.............................Good luck. :)

Have you rechecked your ram and video card. To make sure they are secure. They can cause these beeps you are having.

I really dont know what is broken now.Last time I had same problem no video input,because my windows was fake,genuine and I tried to install Windows updates.And when I tried to restart computer was saying no video input.My father went to service,they told him something and brought the computer home.I was having error like after displaying CPU proprietes wont continue,before Windows appearance I had an black screen with an white blinking underline and stoping.The guys from service came and made it,was working. And now because I connected that fan he wont wanna work..

Back