No video input

Varga Robert

Hello !last year I have bought a pc and the psu was not strong enough to power up the computer so I left the motherboard and stuff in a desk.today I bought a new psu wich is strong enough,but the problem is that the video card doesn't seem to work properly.all the fans,lights works but the keyboard ones (the mouse does ).I have tried another monitor but the same.the vga cable is working fine as I have connected the laptop to the same monitor and vga cable.so does hdmi cable.I tried to boot the pc without the ram installed and there is no beeps.no beeps even with ram installed.I reset cmos twice.removed that battery for 10 minutes ,and still not working.
No beeps at all.installed ram in both slots but doesn't solve a thing.only got 1 pciex16 slot,where the video card is.this doesnt work even if I try to boot with vga cable connected to motherboard.

What should I do?tried almost everything :(

Your only solution is to replace the motherboard. Did you have a speaker attached to the motherboard, when you removed the RAM?

Guys I have searched for more fixes and found out there is a psu cable that connects with video card.I'm not sure that my card has a slot.it's amd radeon sapphire hd 5450 1gb 64bits ddr3.does it have ?

I would say no it doesn't need the cable, and if you got no beeps when you took out the memory, the motherboard is still bad

Review your manual.
Disconnect display from video card.
Remove video card.
Connect display to on board video.
Can you get BIOS now?

I'm wondering why you didn't sort this out a year ago when it was still under warranty. As it's spent a year in pieces in the drawer you are going to have a lot of hassle getting it going again. It's unlikely that the psu was the problem and as has been pointed out it looks like the motherboard has failed. This is likely to be a major repair and unless you are experienced in these matters a computer shop would be a good option.

Last thought. Did you turn motherboard upside down and shake it out. I had a similar problem when I had a tiny bit of clipped wire stuck down in one of the motherboard slots.

The heasink goes super hot in very short time,and I can pull of ram memory while the pc is turned on without something to happen.as you guys said it is dead.any ways to revive it ?

Super hot heatsink? Consider removing heatsink and CPU and then reinstalling with fresh thermal paste.

Do not pull RAM when power is on.

The blue plug in the back of the computer is a VGA on board video connector. Pull the video card out, with power off and connect the monitor to the VGA connector, power up the computer

Back