TechSpot

No video input

By Varga Robert
May 30, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hello !last year I have bought a pc and the psu was not strong enough to power up the computer so I left the motherboard and stuff in a desk.today I bought a new psu wich is strong enough,but the problem is that the video card doesn't seem to work properly.all the fans,lights works but the keyboard ones (the mouse does ).I have tried another monitor but the same.the vga cable is working fine as I have connected the laptop to the same monitor and vga cable.so does hdmi cable.I tried to boot the pc without the ram installed and there is no beeps.no beeps even with ram installed.I reset cmos twice.removed that battery for 10 minutes ,and still not working.
    No beeps at all.installed ram in both slots but doesn't solve a thing.only got 1 pciex16 slot,where the video card is.this doesnt work even if I try to boot with vga cable connected to motherboard.

What should I do?tried almost everything :(

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

The motherboard has most likely failed

Varga Robert and bazz2004 like this.
  3. Varga Robert

Varga Robert TS Rookie Topic Starter

What should I do in this case ?any solution but replacement ?

4. Tmagic650

Your only solution is to replace the motherboard. Did you have a speaker attached to the motherboard, when you removed the RAM?

5. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,654   +308

I had a similar problem with a build and later found that I had not fully connected the PSU. You might want to try a 'bench build' (motherboard, cpu, heatsink, 1 stick RAM, video card) using only key components and following manual for motherboard very carefully. Hope you POST ( http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm ).

Tmagic650 likes this.
  6. Varga Robert

Guys I have searched for more fixes and found out there is a psu cable that connects with video card.I'm not sure that my card has a slot.it's amd radeon sapphire hd 5450 1gb 64bits ddr3.does it have ?

7. Tmagic650

I would say no it doesn't need the cable, and if you got no beeps when you took out the memory, the motherboard is still bad

8. Varga Robert

This is my footage.

9. Cycloid Torus

If this is your motherboard
    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H61MK/specifications/
    , be aware that you have graphics on board.

You may need to make BIOS changes to get a separate video to work.

Check your manual.

While at it, do confirm that your RAM is correct for the motherboard.

10. Varga Robert

I can't make any bios settings because nothing shows on the screen...everything is compatible.

11. Cycloid Torus

Review your manual.
    Disconnect display from video card.
    Remove video card.
    Connect display to on board video.
    Can you get BIOS now?

12. Varga Robert

Same thing.this gets so annoying :( :(

13. Cycloid Torus

The steps in http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm may revive board if nothing seems to work

14. Varga Robert

Didn't help me.I'm so disappointed

15. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,229   +200

I'm wondering why you didn't sort this out a year ago when it was still under warranty. As it's spent a year in pieces in the drawer you are going to have a lot of hassle getting it going again. It's unlikely that the psu was the problem and as has been pointed out it looks like the motherboard has failed. This is likely to be a major repair and unless you are experienced in these matters a computer shop would be a good option.

16. Cycloid Torus

Last thought. Did you turn motherboard upside down and shake it out. I had a similar problem when I had a tiny bit of clipped wire stuck down in one of the motherboard slots.

17. Varga Robert

The heasink goes super hot in very short time,and I can pull of ram memory while the pc is turned on without something to happen.as you guys said it is dead.any ways to revive it ?

18. Cycloid Torus

Super hot heatsink? Consider removing heatsink and CPU and then reinstalling with fresh thermal paste.

Do not pull RAM when power is on.

19. Varga Robert

Done that,same thing.this goes to nothing,I will let this topic on till tomorrow ,maybe a hope .thank you guys for help !

20. Tmagic650

The blue plug in the back of the computer is a VGA on board video connector. Pull the video card out, with power off and connect the monitor to the VGA connector, power up the computer

21. Varga Robert

I tried that an d it's the same.

22. Tmagic650

The motherboard has to be bad...

23. Varga Robert

I start saving money for a new one.thanks all for helping me !

24. Tmagic650

You're very welcome:)