By gott1rott
Aug 4, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Motherboard: ASUS A8N-E
    Video Card: ASUS Radeon EAX500
    Memory: 1GB
    CPU: Athlon 64 X2 @ 2Ghz
    Operating system: Windows XP

Here is what happened. I went to the ASUS site and downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card. I then restarted as instructed and from then on, I get a blank screen when turning the pc on. I cant even see BIOS.

I have tried using a different PCI slot, a different video card, a different vga and dvi cable, and resetting BIOS but nothing. I have access to another PC and external enclosure if I need to use it. Thanksin advance

2. gott1rott

gott1rott TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 38

Please give me some details. The bios doesn't even post because of black screen so would I have to connect the mobo to a different PC and update? If so, how would I update it. This isn't something I've done before but I have enough experience to understand instructions. Thanks.

3. gott1rott

gott1rott TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 38

Nevermind problem solved. It looks like it was a simple overheat of the southbridge.

4. ruready2

ruready2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 219

FWIW.. This can also occur if you have not enabled vga mode.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.