No video on boot-up help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got some new upgrades for my computer a few days ago out of the box and on the bootup im not getting any beeps or video. Fans on mobo, video card, hd, case, cpu all power up and seem to be working perfect. Ive tried starting it up outside the case to make sure it wasnt shorting and still nothing. Another thing that confused me is my disk drive will not open and no lights or antyhing. Im not really sure what to think of this but may mean something to someone else. Im kind of new to upgrading computers so if there was something i missed that i was supposed to do to new hardware I probably didnt do it lol. Any help will be greatly appreciated and any questions dont hesistate to ask.

new stuff i got-
gigabyte EP45-DS3R
intel core 2 duo E8400 3.0ghz 6mb
evga e-geforce 8800 gts ssc edition
raidmax case w/ 500w raidmax psu
kingston 2gb ram ddr2 800

stuff from old machine:
cd drive
400gb hd

anything else u need to know that i didnt state please ask
thanks alot

You need to go throught all the new hardware you got installed and install the drivers. Whoever installed them to your pc did not give your the drivers for your computer which controls the hardware. Go to the manufactures websites of all the different hardware upgrades you recieved and look for a "drivers" or "downloads" section and get what you need. You will be prompted to restart your computer after the installs and when you are done, your problem should be fixed.

^gonna be a little difficult to accomplish if he doesn't have any video... the problem is that all of the previous drivers for the computer are installed on your hard drive w/ your operating system. since you've replaced most of the parts, you will need to uninstall all of the old drivers before you install the new stuff. since you are replacing the mobo, you may need to reinstall the operating system in order for the system to run correctly or, in some cases, at all. i would reassemble what you had, uninstall video and chipset drivers and then reinstall all of your new hardware. if you cannot get the os to boot up, you will need to reformat the drive and reinstall it.

^gonna be a little difficult to accomplish if he doesn't have any video... the problem is that all of the previous drivers for the computer are installed on your hard drive w/ your operating system. since you've replaced most of the parts, you will need to uninstall all of the old drivers before you install the new stuff. since you are replacing the mobo, you may need to reinstall the operating system in order for the system to run correctly or, in some cases, at all. i would reassemble what you had, uninstall video and chipset drivers and then reinstall all of your new hardware. if you cannot get the os to boot up, you will need to reformat the drive and reinstall it.

so i understand whats your saying about the old drivers but are u saying that i have to install the drivers for my new hardware onto my hard drive then plug the new stuff in? and how should i reinstall my os without video

You need to go throught all the new hardware you got installed and install the drivers. Whoever installed them to your pc did not give your the drivers for your computer which controls the hardware. Go to the manufactures websites of all the different hardware upgrades you recieved and look for a "drivers" or "downloads" section and get what you need. You will be prompted to restart your computer after the installs and when you are done, your problem should be fixed.

im not getting any beeps or VIDEO.

Have you checked to make sure all the little L.E.D. connectors are connected properly? e.g. - the hard drive indicator led, the power switch, etc. I had the exact same problem you are having with one of my computers and that solved it.

Are u saying the MOBO does not boot? if it will boot and u can get to the BIOS check that everything is recognized in the bios, set the boot order to cd/dvd first and format and reinstall windows.I just read u're first post. Have u plugged in the video card, do u have the cable hooked snugly, is the video card in the slot correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back