No video on Compaq SR200

Hello guys, I have a compaq SR200. About a year ago the video just stopped working. It has on board video. I did not need it at the time so i just let it sit. Now I am in need of another one so I decided to try and fix the compaq. I purchased a new mobo , a Biostar G31-M7. took the old one out and place the new one in. connected all the cables and fired it up. it will not show video either. the new mobo has on board video too. they are basically doing the same thing. That else could it be. I am using the same CPU, RAM, and cable from original mobo. Could the RAm or Processor case there to be no video? also I had installed a video card in the PCI express slot too and still not video. Any help would be appreciated.

if three video adapters are not working i would suspect the monitor or power supply, unless you are sure that they work.

when you say that you purchased a "new" motherboard do you mean that it's the same or a different model than the one that was originally in the SR200? regardless, posting the full system specs would be greatly helpful in diagnosing the actual problem. this includes the processor model, RAM, and power supply.

ok

I know it is not the monitor, i am using it now as i type this message on a different computer. I bought a new mobo and it was not an exact match but here are the specs from the new mobo.

Socket LGA 775
Supports Intel Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo/Pentium D/Pentium 4/Celeron Dual Core/Celeron 400 Series Processor
Supports FSB 533/800/1066/1333/1600(OC)MHz
Support Intel Hyper-Threading Technology

# Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor
# Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
# Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor
# Intel® Pentium® D Processor
# Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
# Intel® Celeron® Dual-Core Processor
# Intel® Celeron® D Processor
# Intel® Celeron® Processor 400 Sequence
# Maximum CPU TDP (Thermal Design Power) : 95Watt

# Support Dual Channel DDR2 533/667/800 MHz
# 2 x DDR2 DIMM Memory Slot
# Max. Supports up to 4GB Memory
# ※Support DDR2 533MHz While Using FSB 533/1066 CPU

Support FSB 533/800/1066/1333/1600(OC)MHz

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 On Board Graphic Max. Share Memory 256MB

Here is some spec from the one that i replaced.

Compaq SR2163WM

Pentium4 631 (C) HT 3.0 GHz

800 MHz front side bus
Socket 775

The power supply is 300 watts.

The mother board powers up and the both fans run. The led light come on, can the power supply go bad and cause the video not to work and let that other suff work too.

i was thinking that if a power supply goes bad that nothing would come on at all.

nicely done; that sort of puts the compatibility aspect to rest.

The mother board powers up and the both fans run. The led light come on, can the power supply go bad and cause the video not to work and let that other suff work too.

i was thinking that if a power supply goes bad that nothing would come on at all.

yes, it could still be the psu. i'm even more inclined to blame the power supply because compaq typically uses low-end units. of course the best way to find out for sure would be to either get a tester or just swap power supplies. personally i would just buy a 350-400w unit from best buy or some place and give it a whirl if you don't have a spare. units under 500w are typically inexpensive and are of better quality. you can even pick up a decent Antec unit from an office supply store most of the time.

i took a power supply off my my emachine computer. it is also has a 300 watt psu. The difference is it only has a 20 pin connection and the new mobo is 24. From what I understand, the 20 can plug into a 24 and run. At least for a while, long enough to test it. After I did this it did the same thing. Everything came on, lights, hard drive was spinning, fans were spinning, but still no video. I took it back out and put it back in the emachine and this computer works just fine. do you think the mobo out the box could be bad? any other ideas would be appreciated.

still no video

i just put in a new processor chip and nothing. still no video. could someone help. every thing in the case now is new except power supply but read what i wrote abot about power supply. thanks.

Back