No video on emachine

Status
Not open for further replies.

garym

Hello all

I have a emachine T2825 and the video no longer works. I have tried the monitor on another computer and it works and have tried known good monitors on this emachine. I also have tried adding a graphic card but still have the same result. I do get the "no detect" signal on the monitor and it by watching the HDD light it looks like it is booting up. Every now and then the video will come up after a reboot but will shut off after running a while. I was wondering if the video driver is bad or a possible bios/chipset problem? I know I probably should just go out and buy another PC but I thought if there is easy/cheap fix here I would like to try that.

Thanks

try adding the graphics card again, but this time disable the onboard video in BIOS if you can. if it is a driver problem, the computer should still be able to boot but may be unstable. the T2825 is an older system, correct? if so, an upgrade would be the best possible solution anyways.

The motherboard might be bad. Have you checked for swollen, leaking or bulging capacitors near the CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back