No Video Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm pretty much clueless as to what could be causing my problem. But I guess I should tell you the situation first. So I ordered a new pc and when it arrived I had planned to connect it to my tv and use that as a monitor, well it didn't have HDMI ports or even capabillity. So I went out and bought a GeForce 9800 Video Card and am now using that with the HDMI adapter(my first suspect). Well I installed the new card and everything worked great, pc started up and was a great picture. Well I shut things down for the night and went to start up the pc this morning, it starts everything is running internally all lights, fans, etc. But there is no signal to the tv. I've tried multiple input ports.

I know my pc meets all requirements for the card except for a minimum 12v rating of 26A. But I don't know if this really matters.
Could my pc have changed the output resolution on its own?
I have also checked the HDMI cables and I know the tv functions properly.

Please help.

If your PC doesn't have the power requirements, you need to upgrade your power supply. Otherwise the card cant get enough power and it won't work properly

sw123

I took it BestBuy and had them look at it, they said it was the motherboard... So I get to ship it back less than a week after I got it.

Did you buy an emachine? those power supplys kill the motherboard quick. it happened to me, and it took only the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back