No wireless after cleaning fan out

Hello,

My laptop has been overheating alot recently, so I decided to remove the back and fan casing so that I could remove all the dust with a clean paint brush.
I did this carefully and believe I avoided damaging anything inside the computer, but I can no longer connect to the internet wirelessly.

As I am not particulaly technically minded, I could really do with some help.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5735 and I am using windows Vista. I am currently able to type this message as I am connected via an ethernet cable, so I believe the internet is working fine, its just connecting using wireless that seems to be the problem.

Without the cable attached, whenever I try to connect to the internet in the "network and sharing center", I recieve the diagnosis: "there might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer". However, the computer still actually detects local wireless connections and if I try to connect directly it says Windows cannot connect to the network due to a timeout or user action. (I dont believe this is a timeout issue as it happens immediately after trying to connect).

I've had a quick look online and seen advice to check the device manager. I have checked this and there are no crosses or exclamation marks next to the network adapters.

Any help with this would really be appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam4545

I take it his had worked prior to taking off the rear panel to clean out the dust. On the bottom there are a few slots that can be removed with a tool. Each one has memory, hdd or wireless mini adapter.

Now did you unplug and take out the battery when removing the dust?
In the BIOS did it detect the Wireless Adapter?
Okay one or two things it could be:

One the ANT lead might have came loose?
Check the mini wireless adapter see if you have 1 or 2 or 3 connections?
T/R method 1T/1R or 1T/2R or 2T/2R or 2T/3R or 3T/3R

I would reverse what you did and make sure there wasn't anything pulled out of place.

You might also go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager (or similar access to device manager) to look for grey, yellow, or red flags by any of the devices in the list.

Usually, you can deal with this issue by re-installing the device software from a download at the Acer Site.

Back