Noisy video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2Abyss

recently ask for help in selecting a additional video card for my gateway gt-5676 with integrated ati graphics.

the ati based cards I have been considering are the asus HD 4670 and 4650, but I have been reading reviews that indicate they may be noisy.

are the asus cards noisier than other brands and if so can you suggest a quiet brand of card that is compatible with my integrated ati / crossfire chip and will measure up to the asus hd 4670

whats your take on the noise emitted, my tower sits next to the monitor and i don't want this thing driving me nuts.
Thank you for your time
N2

Thanks direwolf007
this is exactly what I have been searching for
I have never heard of PowerColor are they as good as ASUS?
Also do you know if they offer the 4670?
Thanks
N2

Thanks direwolf007
this is exactly what I have been searching for
I have never heard of PowerColor are they as good as ASUS?
Also do you know if they offer the 4670?
Thanks
N2

I first tried to find you a Silent HD4670, but found none. Doesn't mean they do not exist, but I didn't find any. There are other silent card options, there is a Gigabyte HD4850 on newegg which uses a silent cooler (You can probably use it as a BBQ as well, since it will be HOT), but that might be overkill if you don't intend to game (much). There are nVidia cards like a silent Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT (I have one of those in one of my plethora of rigs), but you want to Hybrid CrossFire so they aren't really an option for you.

I have a Powercolor HD2600XT 256MB GDDR4 card in another rig that I picked up on ebay. The card is slightly over a year old and I haven't had a single problem with it in the several months I've had it.

Thanks a bunch direwolf007
I may just give the powercolor a try, I'm sure the 4650 will be fine for what I do.
Thanks again for all your help!
N2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back