TechSpot

Nokia, Apple and RIM all doing well in smartphone market

By Justin
Nov 10, 2009
  1. Nokia continues to hold an overwhelmingly dominant position in the handset arena. In the third quarter of this fiscal year, they pulled in $1.1 billion in profit, which is helping them to maintain a 55% total share in the cellphone market and 37.9% in the smartphone market. While Nokia's number one spot may be safe for the time being, they certainly aren't piling up money as efficiently as Apple.

Read the whole story

2. Puiu

Puiu TS Maniac Posts: 1,076   +100

I can't imagine how they managed that big of a profit with only 1% total market share. They must be using cheats! (aim/wallhack anyone?)

3. freedomthinker

freedomthinker TS Enthusiast Posts: 140

Heh , Nokia still rocks the house ;) N97 better then the freakin 3Gs

4. jazboy

jazboy TS Rookie Posts: 112

I always used to like Nokia phone. Well i should say even now i Like nokia phone but this time i went with Iphone and in my office around 70% people are having Iphone. So i don't wonder that apple made this much profit. They came up with good product and they deserved this much profit.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.