TechSpot

Nokia intros Lumia 920 and 820: wireless charging, PureView camera, and more

By Jos
Sep 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia CEO Stephen Elop took the stage a joint event with Microsoft this morning to unveil the next-generation of Windows Phone 8 devices. As expected, their new flagship will be known as the Lumia 920, iterating on its previous model...

Read more

2. supyo

supyo TS Rookie Posts: 42

I want one! You probably hate when people do this but.. *support :p

'The phone doesn?t supper wireless charging out of the box'

3. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

I hate it when people say "I want one". It drives me nuts...

but yes

I WANT ONE AS WELL!!!!! :)

4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +312

Now that sounds more like it, since I have been wanting to get off the iPhone platform for a while (I fell off my bike yesterday and my 4S is completely smashed to pieces inside my pocket, basically the last straw for the iPhone) I really am looking into getting one of these, Hopefully a contract for the 920 won't be too far out my reach :) would be really cool though to have a mat on my table and when ever I put my phone on it, it starts charging, that would be really cool.

5. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Rookie Posts: 84   +9

I want one of those!!!!!!! They look fantastic and the specs of the 920 are impressive. I hope with a two year contract I can get the phone at a good price!

6. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 516   +86

Nokia makes a good quality phone. I'll stick with the Galaxy series though.

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

@Burty
    From the looks of it, I am sure Lumia 920 will beat SGS III on quality front hands down. On the performance side (keeping in mind that Lumia 800 gives pretty good run for its money to multi-core droids with its single core SoC & very efficient OS), I expect it to beat SGS III in most cases. Other big plus would be WP doesn't seems to suffer from ills (I.e. reliability/stability/performance) of android. I've ditched many droids after few months usage due to above (+more) issues, but never found a droid which could work reliably day in day out. So, all what is left for me is to decide, whether I want to have a ATIV S (which seems to be following Omnia line's construction practices) or this Lumia 920 ;)

8. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 281   +32

Nokia always has good phone... wish they fix the phonebook :)
    I hope Apple does not sue Nokia

9. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,568   +103

First windows phone that has even slightly tempted me to give one a try after the experience of Windows Mobile 6.1.

10. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye TS Rookie Posts: 57

Because my message was banned for yelling I am going to say it in a normal tone "Please sir, shut up and take my money"

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.