Nokia Lumia 900 has software glitch, exchanges and credits offered

By Leeky
Apr 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Finnish phone maker Nokia launched their new range topping Lumia 900 smartphone on US shores Easter Sunday, but almost immediately problems began surfacing involving connectivity issues. The company has now…

Read the whole story
  2. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Posts: 2,065   +63 Staff Member

Ironically, Nokia was running an ad campaign "Smartphone Beta Test is Over" referring to other smartphones as beta tests for the Lumia 900. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Kudos to them for coming up with a quick fix and refund, though.

Here's the ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elqLDSt36k
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,050   +699

Wow, go Nokia! This sort of thing is why competition is so great. They're going way out of their way to get your business. When a company makes a mistake and says, 'Sorry for the inconvenience' It sure feels more geniune when they send $100 along with it.
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,493   +303

If TomTom put there GPS App on this phone I would be all over this right now.

I used to be a massive Nokia fan, this is one step in the right direction to bring me back :)
  5. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Wow, a hundred dollar credit. Impressive.
  6. All I can add is HA! HA! to all the people who bought one.
  7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,351   +301

You might recall that Nokia has partner with Microsoft for the software and Nokia's contribution is the hardware :grin:
  8. And you might be aware that no other windows phone have a problem like this, so it's obviously in the firmware...or in other words.....software.
  9. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,325   +424 Staff Member

If that’s all you had to add I’m not sure why you bothered. To all the people who bought one I say they are lucky to have such a nice phone and I am sure they can hang in there for four days till a fix is released. I just wish I was getting one within the next 4 days ;)
  10. Well, go get one Steve. So I can laugh at you too.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.