Nokia Situations: make your phone aware of its environment

By Emil
Nov 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia Beta Labs has introduced an experimental app for the company's mobile platform that tells the phone how you want it to behave in a given situation. The idea behind Nokia Situations is simple: you want your phone to act differently under certain conditions, but you don't want to have to always set the same profiles manually when your phone can do so by itself.

Read the whole story
  2. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 191

Cool ideas, like the ability for the app to auto detect the situation based on different variables.
  3. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 417   +44

I tried to download, they asked to register..Don't trust Nokia, nor Intel so ..good bye!
  4. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 899   +15

great idea except i prefer the phone to sense the noise level thru the mic. that way when i'm in silent places (i.e. library) it should trigger the silent mode by itself. and when i'm on noisy street, let the ringtone be at max vol.
  5. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 157   +15

This idea is EXACTLY like Sony Ericsson did in previous years. My 3 year old Sony Ericsson mobile have this feature.