TechSpot

Nokia: switching to Windows Phone will take two years

By Emil
Mar 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia today filed a 200-page 20-F form (PDF) with the Securities and Exchange Commission. It explains a number of new tidbits about Nokia's partnership with Microsoft, including that the transition to Windows Phone will take about two years. ZDNet skimmed the document and found that Microsoft was mentioned 101 times.

Read the whole story
  2. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 717   +28

2 years. In time for Mango then
  3. I think there could company cultural issues to overcome also - so it may not all be smooth sailing for NokiaSoft.
  4. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

I'm still hoping that they can have at least a mid-range Windows Phone 7 device out before the year's end. The first wave of WP7 devices was way too expensive for me.
  5. Sorry Nokia, too little too late.
  6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

My understanding is that, the Win7 Phone OS has strict hardware restrictions which is why for now Win7 phones are expensive, correct me if i'm wrong.
  7. mcmurphy12

mcmurphy12 TS Member Posts: 93

Damn it! If the world ends in 2012, I won't be able to try a Nokia phone with Windows ...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.