Non paged fault - minidump help needed!

Hey all,

I am having real troubles, my work computer is not working properly. I keep getting a non paged fault. I have tried finding the solution, but I haven't had luck.

Can someone analyze my minidump and hopefully let me know the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Mini102910-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
Your error code is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The problem cited as your issue is Pool_Corruption which has to do with a series of drivers that are having issues functioning properly.

The Symantec/Norton antivirus driver navap.sys is particularly noted as not being able to be loaded.

Question: Are you running/have installed more than one antivirus?

1. There is the possiblility you are infected, or...

2. You need to update Norton, or...

3. Uninstall Norton, reinstall and then update.

* Please let us know the answer to the question and what steps you take.

I think i do have norton and avira. I will try to uninstall norton and update.

Again I appreciate your assistance. Should be able to post my results on here in the next 5 mins or so.

No, do not reinstall and update Norton.

Here is the rule on security software: One antivirus, one firewall, one antispyware/antimalware OR one full security suit.

Otherwise if you have two going at the same time you will have them conflict causing system crashes. Avira is much better than Norton.

When uninstalling Norton here is something very important to know. It is notorious for leaving drivers behind. So in order to make a clean uninstall after you uninstall it go to their website, find the special Removal Tool for your version and use it.

ok i am working on getting it uninstalled. i think i have to do this in safe mode since the regular login won't allow me on past the loading of services, etc.

Good. Since it only works in Safe Mode that is a very strong indicator that drivers are the issue. What Windows does in Safe Mode is only load the most essential drivers thus since the drivers are experiencing Pool_Corruptuon but are not loading because of this Mode.

The result is you can boot-up because these drivers are not in play.

Back