Inactive Non virus or Malware browser redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

1zoot1

Hi all,

first post so hope its ok,

I have avg antivirus, kerio firewall, aswell as windows own fire wall, i have never had a virus as far as I'm aware, I scan my machine fairly regularly, and used online malware scans too. As far as i know, my machine is clean.

Its to do with web browsing, I am English UK, but i live in Spain, so my isp is Spanish, so when i try to go to certain .com or .uk sites, I get redirected to the Spanish .es equivalent site.

I have set Window xp to uk regional settings, and keyboard to english uk but to no affect

An example is Myheritage.com, I cant get there, im always redirected to the Spanish Myheritage.es site, google sometimes does it, as does paypal... all i want is to do is go to an english site that i can understand. why am i not allowed.

regards

Do you have another language other than English on the system?

This isn't a malware issue as you mentioned. So you don't need to run the malware scans. But I will suggest you contact the ISP and have them go over the settings with you. I'm thinking the regional setting isn't correct.

hi,

not that I'm aware of...

but i will get in contact with my isp as you suggest, what annoys me, is 99.9% i have no problems with web browsing...its just certain sites, i would have thought if there was a specific issue it would apply to all sites....

thanks anyway

regards

As long as it's the same site but just in Spanish, I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the ISP setting. If you were sent to a different site in a different language, them we would consider malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back