TechSpot

None of my steam games are working and i dont know how to fix it. I need HELP plzzz!!

By Pattygluecose
Nov 25, 2005
  1. Ok so i click on a steam game like counter-strike source and it goes to the game. so im at the menu and i find a server and click on it. So the server loads up and when it gets to "sending client info" it stops and the screen goes black and a box pops up that says, "hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." it doesnt matter weather i click on "send error report" or "Dont send" it goes right back to the desktop. I dont know wat to do. :confused:

Patrick

2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

Most likely the game has become corrupted and needs to be re-installed. Also try the Steam forum and support section. You can put in the error message and see if anything comes up.

3. MrTom

MrTom TS Rookie

Uninstall Steam, re download/install it, the games will automatically update/install again, that should work.

Tom :)

4. Pattygluecose

Pattygluecose TS Rookie Topic Starter

hmmm... i deleted steam and all the games and then reinstalled them and it still doesnt work.

Patrick

5. Android626

Android626 TS Rookie

I'm having a similar problem my steam doesn't work at all and none of my games I've uninstalled reinstalled multiple times and i did it with all of the games too and it still doesn't work.

6. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

It may be worth you all contacting steam if it's at all possible.

7. N1Hawk

N1Hawk TS Rookie Posts: 222

I would contact Steam's Support page and post your issues in there!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.