TechSpot

None of my steam games are working and i dont know how to fix it. I need HELP plzzz!!

By Pattygluecose
Nov 25, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so i click on a steam game like counter-strike source and it goes to the game. so im at the menu and i find a server and click on it. So the server loads up and when it gets to "sending client info" it stops and the screen goes black and a box pops up that says, "hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." it doesnt matter weather i click on "send error report" or "Dont send" it goes right back to the desktop. I dont know wat to do. :confused:

Patrick
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

Most likely the game has become corrupted and needs to be re-installed. Also try the Steam forum and support section. You can put in the error message and see if anything comes up.
  3. MrTom

MrTom TS Rookie

Uninstall Steam, re download/install it, the games will automatically update/install again, that should work.

Tom :)
  4. Pattygluecose

Pattygluecose TS Rookie Topic Starter

hmmm... i deleted steam and all the games and then reinstalled them and it still doesnt work.

Patrick
  5. Android626

Android626 TS Rookie

I'm having a similar problem my steam doesn't work at all and none of my games I've uninstalled reinstalled multiple times and i did it with all of the games too and it still doesn't work.
  6. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

It may be worth you all contacting steam if it's at all possible.
  7. N1Hawk

N1Hawk TS Rookie Posts: 248

I would contact Steam's Support page and post your issues in there!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.