Nonstop Windows error messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightRiderX

Hi,

My dad's comp started getting a Bad_Pool_Caller (0x000000c2) STOP msg after he reactivated his ZoneAlarm program so I uninstalled it from his comp and now I'm getting an error msg of Windows and when I send an error report to Microsoft, it takes me to a Microsoft site telling me that the report is corrupted.

The problem is that everytime I send an error report or choose "Don't Send", another one pops up. I was hoping that someone could help me out here.

Well, you can sort of mask the issue temporarily by disabling the "Error Reporting Service". Start > Run > services.msc > Ok. Right click on "Error Reporting Service" and click "Properties". Change the "Startup type" to "Disabled" and then stop the service. That will get rid of the error reporting pop up for you at least until you work things out.

Have an exact error message?

right after posting this thread, I've received two IE crashes and then two BSOD driver crashes.
Here are the STOP msg:

0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf92629a, 0xb58a3c30, 0x00000000)
win32k.sys - Address bf92629a base at bf800000, DateStamp 45f013f6

0x00000024 (0x001902fe, 0xba49e360, 0xba49e05c, 0xf7b7bff3)
NTFS.sys - Address f7b7bff3 base at f7b52000, DateStamp 45cc56a7

@Zenosincks
there wasn't much to the error msg. It didn't look like it was attached to any program so assumed it was an internal thing.

Do the following:

1. Scan for viruses/malware/trojans.

2. Run MemTest of the Ram for a minimum of 7 passes.

3. Run ChkDsk

ok so I ran an anti-virus program and chkdsk /f and the error msg still shows up. I don't know if running the anti-virus program and chkdsk /f rectified the BSOD problems. for some reason, the laptop can't boot Memtest86 from a CD-ROM. I'm gonna run a full hd diag and see what comes out of it.

Did you place the CD-ROM drive as first bootable in the BIOS before attempting run MemTest?

yea. everytime I choose the CD-ROM, it prompts me to choose another method. I really don't know why it won't go through cause I can use that method to run hd diag and windows installation.

On a side note, the hd diag shows a lot of bad sectors on the hdd and I'm gonna let the SMART program to correct them. I hope that'll fix the problem.

EDIT: It seems that the SMART program was disabled during the process so it was unable to replace the bad sectors. It must be the configuration of the hdd. Any suggestions?

My first suggestion is that you need to back up all your important data A.S.A.P. If your harddrive crashes data recovery is expensive.

Second, I would post your issue on the Storage & Networking Forum here at TechSpot. Tell them exactly what you found in your harddrive diagnostics and how SMART capability has been disabled.

Worst case scenario is that you will need to replace your harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back