TechSpot

Nook and Kindle e-readers receive price cuts, but is the iPad a factor?

By Julio Franco
Jun 22, 2010
  1. As soon as Barnes and Nobles was ready to drop the price of its Nook e-reader from $259 to $199 yesterday, Amazon took less than a day to follow suit with a price cut that puts the Kindle selling for slightly less at $189. It was almost like Amazon was waiting for B&N to make the move so they could go along.

Read the whole story

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Does it really matter why they did it ? It's just a good thing for consumers & we should be glad "something" is stirring up competition. ;-)

3. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 831   +18

I'm kinda excited to see this. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a Kindle for a couple months now, and this certainly pushes me more towards buying one.

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

If these hit the $100 mark, I'll definitely become interested.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +684

Agreed, if the price is low enough it would be worth my while buying.

6. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 308

I know several people with a kindle and love it and they paid $249 so this is def a good deal!

7. Agreed, I these get near the 100$ mark, I'm in. 129.99$ sounds reasonable. And it's summer time, time for some good reading. ;)

8. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 640   +56

$300 tops for a universal e-reader. $50 for any 'proprietary' e-reader (Kindle, Nook, etc.).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.