Norton Antivirus 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Hello :p

I am still using norton antivirus 2003 from when it came out (obviously been keeping it updated and that) but i was just wondering, am i less safe and more open to virus attacks than if i had say norton 2006?

i guess what i am asking is should i upgrade or am i fine with the 2003 edition still?

Charss...... :wave:

I was a faithful Norton fan, like yourself for many years. But recently I have seen the light, and ripped norton off my computer, put it in a bag, beat it silly, and tossed it in a ditch leaving it for dead.

OK, that all aside, norton did a decent job of keeping viruses off my computer while I was using it. But if you read this forum, there are way too many threads of people using norton and having issues. It really is not a very good program at all.

I have switched to a free program called AVG, and haven't looked back. If you do a search you'll see that it is pretty much the top anti-virus software for people "in the know". Highly recommended that you drop Norton and make the leap.

You'll also be immediately surprised at how much faster your comptuer boots up after getting rid of Norton. It is a HUGE system hog.

Anyways, I know I didn't answer your question at all, so if you will remain a Norton person, please ignore my uninvited babble.

Hehe always had Norton on the PC cuz my dad said it had to be. Then however Norton got attacked by a virus and I immediately saw the chance to use AVG. I have not looked back since. The program requires way less power to run and found things which Norton never even know existed. Switch to AVG, don't waste cash. AVG is MUCH better then Norton will ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back