Norton Internet Security 2005 installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried installing Norton Internet Security 2005. The installation proceeded smoothly until the point when u need to restart the pc. After restarting the pc got hunged up. I am unable to uninstall NIS as it gives an error saying "the previous installation was not complete". Pls help me find a solution.. I just want get rid of NIS and restore my pc to normal functioning.

We all know that Norton is a PoS.
What we do NOT know, is what Windows version you are running.
If you have XP, use one of your restore points to roll back to BEFORE you installed that crap.
If not, you will have to try and remove it manually with the help of about 20 pages of Norton gibberish uninstall instructions from their website (IF you can find those).
It's probably faster to reinstall your whole PC without the crap.

Me too.

:( Hi everyone, I am new here, feeling pretty desperate as I too, have just installed Norton Internet Security and my PC now won't do anything at all. It restarts but then freezes. I cannot even get into the Add/remove programs section, or connect to the internet so all of the Symantec online 'help' (ha ha ha 'help'!!) is of no use to me. If I click on the start menu it takes about 30 minutes to appear and then locks.

Please, please, please is there anything at all that I can do to make my PC work again?

Thank you

New - don't know what do to - I need to know

once I have read an email, without opening it, in Norton Spam - it disappears - doesn't go into delete. I have lost importan emails - do you know where they go?

Thank you so much!

Daze'

How can you read an email without opening it?
Are your spam-filters set up properly?
Big question, why do you use Norton? There are much better programs out there, some of them even free!

Only Norton knows where they go, I guess. Should be visible in their setup perhaps?

emails

I have what I call a double screen - not a techie. As I am going down the spam list the email is readable on the lower screen.

It came with my Gateway computer.

I also have AVG on my computer.

I get about 500 junk-emails daily - before Norton they came into my In box - I kept trying to sent the address to Outlook Junk file- but got over whelmed.

I don't know how to set filters - other than through the organize.

Thanks, Daze'

My, you must be popular!

Time to look into a program such as MailWasher, which filters out Spam, before you even download the email.
http://www.mailwasher.net/

If you use Outlook Express, change over to Mozilla Thunderbird, much safer.

Maybe also time to get a new email-address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back