Not Able to Adjust Volume Levels in Mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swappo

I'm running Windows XP Professional with Realtek HD Audio. In my Master Volume mixer when I go to "Options" and then "Properties" Realtek HD Audio Output is selected as the Mixer device and "Playback" is ticked. "Recording" is shaded. When I bring the volume adjusters up there's all the sliders and under each slider is a box marked "Mute". If I change the Mixer device to Realtek HD Audio input "Recording" is ticked and "Playback" is shaded. When I bring up the volume adjusters for recording there's the sliders, each with a box marked "Mute" underneath, except all of the sliders, except "Recording" are shaded out. "CD Volume" "Mic Volume" "Line Volume" and "Stereo Mix" are all shaded.

In Realtek's Mixer those devices don't even HAVE sliders.

Any ideas why I can't adjust my levels?

I'm not following you entirely, but have you tried (R) clicking on the "mute box" selection when it appears? Does the speaker icon in the task bar have a red "X" on it? Have you gone to "system" in the control panel...than selected 'hardware' to get a look at 'device manager' and what see what it's saying? On your sound mixer click on everything that has a red "x" on it. I'm not meaning to oversimplify, but I think you will discover an easy way out of this problem once you know how to handle the Window mixer console.

No red "x's" on anything including the speaker icon in the task bar. (R) clicking on any of the shaded sliders does nothing. According to Device Manager everything is working properly.

Oversimplifying is fine with me. I have just barely a working knowledge of computers.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have more than 1 mixer? Maybe these functions are not available because another controller is running them?
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back