Not acquiring network address

Well, I read thought your whole ordeal so far... and yikes, what a mess. I would strongly suggest that you try a fresh Windows install after doing a full format. Since this is a laptop, can you perform a "factory restore" returning the laptop to like it was when you first took it out of the box? Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

I don't know if I can...
This is a old laptop and don't know if and where my reinstall cd is at.
However, just last year I did need to reinstall my home desk top and
I think I can find those CD's. I really only need OS with access to the internet.

I have the microsoft CD and my other softwares I can reinstall but again OS is the only one I may have a problem finding the cd.

As the laptop stands now, it is working fine but I'm worry for how long and I do need a second internet access.

What are your thoughts...

BTW: "can you perform a "factory restore" ?
Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? "

Sorry, but what are you really asking here...?
Reinstall using cd which can with my laptop...?

Yellow exclamation points in the device manager...?
Where can I look to check this...???

Thanks

Under device manage here is what I found:

Other devices
----Modem Device on High Defintion Audio Bus

Yellow Exclamation there... :(

My audio or sound card is working fine
from what I can hear...
This is for audio...?

"Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus"... This means that you need to re-install the driver for the internal phone modem. Because this laptop is "old", no factory restore is possible. If you can find an XP install disc, use it to format the existing partitions and install XP fresh

Here is what I just found...
Let me know if this may be a option for me if I can find my XP cd....
Thanks

" If you didn't receive a Windows disc with your machine, the files you need are sitting in a hidden partition on your hard drive. To access them, press the keys indicated on your screen when you reboot, but before Windows loads. The keys differ from vendor to vendor, so contact your PC's manufacturer if you don't see the prompt.
In many instances, the only available option is 'Return the drive to its factory condition', which destroys all documents, photos, and other data files on your PC. That's why you made a copy of your data folders."

Thanks Tmagic650,

Last question...

I don't know when I will the time to start this but
when I do, what would be the normal amount of time
to get XP and basic drivers up and working...???

I will only need to reinstall the dj software since
all my music files are stored on a external hard drive.

"Since I need this laptop for a backup I hope to able to wait until July
to rebuild this laptop..."

Windows XP is up to Service Pack 3, with some 120+ updates after that. The drivers you can get from the laptops support website. It could take around 6 hours to do all this

Thanks for you help and I will come back and let know how it all comes out...

This is a great site and I have already been looking at buying a new laptop which this site have reviewed.
I can't believe how low the prices have gotten but think it's because everyone is now buying itabs...

Take care and I'm be back...

:)

Back