(Not Responding) messages, computer freezes and runs slow.

By Chassa
Sep 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello! I'm having serious issues with my computer. It takes a long time to load upon starting, takes a long time to get to my destination, when it gets on the page it freezes and a message appears saying, (Not Responding).

A windows message then pops up saying, "You've chosen to end a program that's not responding. If you end now, you'll lose all unsaved work." I can either chose "End now or cancel". If I cancel, the page doesn't unfreeze.

I know it can be either a software conflict or malware, but I don't know which one. I've already recently ran a performance booster on it, and that really didn't do much that I can see. I've defragged too. I ran a registry cleaner on it. I cleared the caches. It hasn't changed a thing.

There's one other user on my computer who's downloaded some various programs. I know he doesn't check on the software before downloading. HELP!!

I was going to choose a free software to tell me if I have software issues or hardware issues, but I don't know which ones are the best and less harmful for my computer. Also, I haven't tried a malware removal either. I'm afraid to download anything and ONLY trust Techspot to tell me which ones to download.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    Chassa
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,032   +69

Please follow these 8-steps and post resulting logs in Virus and Malware Removal forum. Also do tell them what is your system specs / operating system (what service packs you may have installed etc.).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.