Not Spam: Free Windows Vista for RC testers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyPe-ZeRo

First of all, this nor a scam or spam, it is a legitimate question:

I'm a user of Windows Xp Pro Sp3, however due to upcoming hardware upgrades within the month or so I plan to switch to Windows Vista if possible. However, I am a student and I will only do it if resources permit...

Here's the thing, I was looking up some reviews to see whats new and fixed in Vista SP1, to acquaint myself with Vista prior to the plunge and something caught my eye which made my [cheap-***] heart jump!

To prepare this review, I performed several SP1 installs. Because I'm a registered beta tester, I was able to install the final release candidate, which was very close to the original Vista RTM (released to manufacturing) code, as a download from Windows Update. The download took about 15 minutes; your speed will vary depending on your Internet connection and how busy the Windows Update servers happen to be. Installation took 58 minutes, including four reboots.

Source: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2192557,00.asp

Registered Beta tester? Free Upgrade to Windows Vista?!

That's what immediately clicked in my head.

Now way back when Vista hit RC1, I remember [vaguely] jumping through a lot of Microsoft hoops to try out their new operating system to see how my PC's hardware fared.

However as you can see in the following screenshot, I have a DVD for RC1, is there anyway I can get myself on a "Free Copy of Vista-gravy-train"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back